The Butte County Tourism Ambassadors (BCTA) program is a multifaceted program that serves to increase tourism by inspiring front-line employees and volunteers to turn every visitor encounter into a positive experience. When visitors have a positive experience they are more likely to return in the future and also share their experience with others. Everyone benefits – the visitor, the industry, the local economy, and most importantly, the front-line worker.
Every certification program requires successful completion of a core curriculum. The following recaps the requirements to earn the CTA designation:
- Complete required reading and learning assignments (a 200-page pre-class binder is sent 2 weeks prior to class)
- Attend a 4-hour interactive classroom session
- Complete a 28-question open-book exam at the end of the class session
Upon successful completion, participants will earn the Certified Tourism Ambassador™ designation and receive a CTA certificate and lapel pin. An annual renewal process of certification is also necessary to maintain your certification.
There is a one-time, non-refundable, non-transferable application fee of $25 per person and an annual renewal fee of $15 per person. In addition to the renewal fee, CTAs must log 50 CTA points annually, gained through an array of activities, to maintain certification.
What separates the Butte County Tourism Ambassadors from other training programs is that it’s certification, not just training. Employees and volunteers who complete the program receive a credential and accompanying initials that can be used behind the person’s name to denote their commitment to their profession as a Certified Tourism Ambassador™ (e.g., Jim Smith, CTA). The CTA logo may also be used on your website and business cards/communications with approval.
Further program benefits include:
- Provides a meaningful credential
- Increased business, higher tips
- Builds valuable skills
- Career advancement
- Networking opportunities
- Receive regular advice & updates
- Rewards and incentives
By becoming a Certified Tourism Ambassador™ you’ll have the tools and knowledge necessary to create a more memorable visitor experience and you’ll reap the benefits. Being a CTA is a great achievement. It is an official designation to add to your resume.
- Tues. 10/8 at the Holiday Inn Express, Chico
- Morning Class: 8am-12:30pm
- DEADLINE to Register: Fri. 9/27
- Mon. 11/4 at the Chico Creek Nature Center
- Afternoon Class: 12:30pm-5pm
- DEADLINE to Register: Wed. 10/23
For online enrollment, go to www.CTANetwork.com and click on "Become a CTA" to select the Butte County program.